LegalShield Online Legal Service Review: Is This One of the Best Online Legal Services To Get Legal Advice?
Many people are turning to online legal services to help them with legal matters these days. With lawyers being quite expensive, people are looking to get affordable legal help online, rather than hire a lawyer.
LegalShield has been in the business for over forty-five years, proudly serving over four and a half million members. They have been good reviews from Forbes, Yahoo Finance, HuffPost, Law 360, and The Hill.
LegalShield charges much less than a regular lawyer, so how do they get lawyers to work there? Their associates work at LegalShield for two primary reasons: first, members are provided with experienced legal help at an affordable monthly rate, and they cannot get enough of the service! Second, associates appreciate the generous and profitable multi-level marketing program available.
In the last decade alone, LegalShield has paid our associates over one billion dollars. It’s no surprise why they are so enthusiastic about this company.
So let’s dive in and see if LegalShield is one of the best online legal services around.
Overview and Company Information
LegalShield is an online legal service providing comprehensive legal coverage and advice for small businesses and individuals.
Instead of paying an expensive hourly rate to a law firm, LegalShield members can receive legal representation, legal protection, and advice for a fixed monthly fee.
LegalShield’s services include unlimited legal advice, document reviews, calls and letters, debt collection letters and more. They also have excellent customer support who will get you the help you need and find the right lawyer to provide legal assistance for everyday issues.
LegalShield Top Features
LegalShield has lower prices than hiring a lawyer.
Since this is a subscription service, you’re basically on a retainer.
Speak To An Expert
With LegalShield, you can speak to an expert in many areas of law.
For only a few dollars more, LegalShield has different options you can add to your subscription.
What Can LegalShield Help With?
LegalShield can help with many legal problems, often faster and cheaper than a local lawyer in your area. Here are some of the ways LegalShield can help.
- Advice on unlimited issues
- Letters or calls made on your behalf
- Contract and legal document review
- Legal support
- Uncontested divorce
- Tax audits
LegalShield provides affordable legal help for everyday people and business legal for small and medium-sized enterprises.
Pros of LegalShield
Let’s look at some pros of using LegalShield for your legal issues.
- Cost: One of the biggest pros of LegalShield is cost savings. Instead of paying an expensive hourly rate to a law firm, customers can receive comprehensive legal coverage for a fixed monthly fee.
- Home Business Supplement: LegalShield also offers a home business supplement, which can be added to any other legal plan for an additional $9.95 monthly. This is an affordable way for freelancers and consultants to protect themselves, their families, and their businesses.
- Debt Collection Assistance: LegalShield provides debt collection assistance, which is helpful for businesses that are struggling to get timely payments from their customers. LegalShield also offers trial defence services and trial preparation work if your business is taken to court.
- Many Lawyers To Speak To: Another advantage of LegalShield is that you can instantly speak to lawyers with different specialties, without having to go to a different law firm. This is especially handy for small businesses.
Many people love LegalShield because of their affordable prices. Hiring a lawyer is typically a costly endeavour. However, there are some downsides.
Cons of LegalShield
No law service or law firm is perfect, and LegalShield is no exception. Here are some of the downsides of using LegalShield.
- No Refunds: One of the main downsides of LegalShield is that there is no trial membership or money-back guarantee. This means that customers cannot try the service before purchasing and cannot get a refund.
- Website Speed: The website can be slow sometimes, and customers have complained about poor customer service.
- Limits to the Legal Plan: There are limits on the lawyer’s time and page limits for document review. In other words, there is NOT an unlimited number of personal legal advice on an unlimited number of issues.
LegalShield is still a law firm, so nothing will be free, and there are some minor downsides too. But if you want cheap legal advice and services, you could do worse than LegalShield.
Legal Service Pricing
LegalShield offers a variety of legal plans to meet the needs of different businesses, from freelancers to large corporations. Each plan is designed to provide a certain amount of legal help, and the plan’s cost will depend on the size of your business.
Freelancers Legal Assistance
For freelancers, you can add the Home Business Supplement to the Personal Legal Plan, which costs $24.95 monthly. This supplement provides unlimited phone consultations (up to one hour of legal work), two phone consultations per year on special legal issues (up to half-hour calls), three documents reviewed per month (up to 16 pages), six calls or letters per year (up to six in one month), three debt collection letters per month, and IRS audit help.
Small Business Legal Help
The Small Biz 10 plan costs $39 per month for businesses with ten or fewer employees. It includes unlimited phone consultations (one hour of legal work), three phone consultations per year on special legal issues (half-hour calls), 20 documents reviewed per year (up to six in one month and <16 pages), 20 calls or letters per year (up to six in one month), five debt collection letters per month, 25% off attorney’s hourly rate for additional work, and up to two designated users.
For businesses with 50 or fewer employees, the Small Biz 50 plan costs $89 per month and includes unlimited phone consultations (one hour of legal work), three phone consultations per year on special legal issues (half-hour calls), 30 documents reviewed per year (up to six in one month, <16 pages), 30 calls or letters per year (up to six in one month), ten debt collection letters per month, 25% off attorney’s hourly rate for additional work, and up to three designated users.
For businesses with 100 or fewer employees, the Small Biz 100 plan costs $149 per month. It includes unlimited phone consultations (one hour of legal work), three phone consultations per year on special legal issues (half-hour calls), 40 documents reviewed per year (up to six in one month, <16 pages), 40 calls or letters per year (up to six in one month), 15 debt collection letters per month, 25% off attorney’s hourly rate for additional work, and up to five designated users.
LegalShield offers a Trial Defense Supplement for an additional $9.95 per month, which provides pre-trial and trial preparation work if you have to defend yourself or your business in court. Business formation services cost $145 plus state filing fees, and registered agent services cost $120 per year.
As noted above, there are limits on the lawyer’s time within each plan, so thoroughly review the plan details before signing up. For example, for a general phone consultation, the lawyer will devote up to one hour of legal work. After that, you’ll have to pay the attorney’s standard hourly rate minus a 25% LegalShield discount.
Document reviews are limited to 15 pages, and you can request a maximum of six documents to be reviewed in one month. If you need an attorney to call or send letters to a third party on your behalf, that is also limited to six in one month. Beyond these limits, you must pay the attorney’s standard rate minus the 25% discount.
LegalShield’s main competitors include LegalZoom, IncFile, and UpCounsel.
- LegalZoom: LegalZoom offers a seven-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee, while LegalShield does not.
- IncFile: IncFile is more cost-effective than LegalShield for business formation.
- UpCounsel: UpCounsel has over 5,000 business attorneys in its network, and their prices range from $125 to $350 per hour.
LegalShield is an excellent option for businesses looking for easy access to legal advice for a low fixed price. The cost savings and comprehensive legal coverage make it a worthwhile investment for small businesses and individuals.
However, customers should be aware that there are limits to the legal plan, such as limits on the lawyer’s time and page limits for document review.
Additionally, there is no trial membership or money-back guarantee. Overall, LegalShield is a good product at a reasonable price. Check out LegalShield here.
What do you think of LegalShield? Let us know in the comments below!